We all know that feeling. You’re playing on the court, and suddenly you notice a big, ugly blemish in the middle of the playing surface. It throws off your game and ruins your fun.
But before you go running up to the poor repair guy, have you ever considered striping it yourself? This blog post by PowerSurge Plus LLC briefs about line striping paints for sports courts. So if you’re looking to get your court back in tip-top shape, keep reading!
Why is Line Striping Essential for Sports Courts?
It’s essential to regularly repaint the lines to keep your sports court in tip-top shape. It creates a visual boundary for the playing area and increases safety by clearly defining boundaries. In addition, it can improve the overall appearance of the sports court.
Things to Consider:
When it comes to line striping paints for sports courts, there are a few things you need to consider.
Consider the Surface:
The first is the type of surface you’re working with. Asphalt and concrete surfaces are much harder than wood or other materials, so they require a different kind of paint.
If you have an asphalt surface, you’ll need to apply an asphalt paving and concrete excavation sealant first. Doing this will protect the surface from further damage and help to keep it looking new for longer.
If you have a concrete surface, you’ll need to apply a crack sealing and infrared patching compound to any cracks or holes before you start painting.
Consider the Durability:
The second consideration is the level of durability you need. If you’re playing a high-intensity sport like football or basketball, the last thing you want is for your court to start wearing down. That’s why durable line striping paint is essential.
Steps to follow when Renovating your Sports Court:
- Strip the old line markings off the court surface with a line striping paint.
- Apply an asphalt paving and concrete excavation sealant to protect the surface from further damage.
- Apply a crack sealing and infrared patching compound to any cracks in the surface.
- Spray or paint on new line markings in your desired color scheme.
- Finish off by applying an anti-skid coating to the surface.
Some Handy Tips for Line Striping Sports Courts:
Mentioned below are some of the things you should keep in mind when striping your sports court:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the best results.
- Use a steady hand and be careful not to overfill or spill paint onto neighboring areas.
- Make sure that the court has dried completely before using it.
- Repeat the process every two to three years for optimal results.
Upgrading your sports court can give your community a much-needed boost in morale and encourage people of all ages to get active. With only a bit of elbow grease, you can have your sports court looking like new!
We’ve got just the thing if you require an excellent line striping paint for your sports court in Philadelphia, PA. Our asphalt and the commercial paving team at PowerSurge Plus LLC can help get the job done right. Plus, we offer concrete repair services to fix any cracks or damage that may have occurred.
Get your quote today and see how much money you can save!